The WordPress Multilingual Plugin https://wpml.org/
WPML is the most popular multilingual plugin for WordPress. It can translate every part of your website into different languages. It works in more than 40 languages and is installed on more than 1 million WordPress websites. With WPM, you can translate automatically or manually pages, posts, custom types, taxonomies, menus, and even the text in the theme.
We are proud that Traveler is fully compatible with WPML without any compatibility problems when translating your site
- Install the main component of WPML that includes: WPML Multilingual CMS, String Translation, Media Translation
- Configure WPML first before you can start translating
- Choose the language that you want to translate
- Enter the site key for your website
- Select between the automatic or manual translation of your content. We recommend you should choose the Translate Everything option for convenience.
- Now, you will see the language switcher in the footer. Click Finish it.
There are two methods to translate your website, which are:
- Go to WPML > Settings, and choose to Translate Everything options to translate your entire website that includes posts, pages, taxonomy terms, and WooCommerce Products
- WMPL will translate every new page or post when you publish them. It means your content always has up-to-date translation every time.
- Go to WPML > Settings, choose the Translate Some options to translate the individual posts or pages of your website.
- Click the Translate Automatically at the top of page
- On the WPML> Settings, if you want to translate the content and title of service in Traveler, select the custom post to translate on Post Type Translation. There are 5 service posts to translate and save it.
- Go to the WPML > Language, and select the Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX. Because the Traveler theme uses AJAX operation in front-end, and WPML needs to filter your result. If this option is not enabled, WPML will not filter them correctly
- On the WPML > Translation Management, select the item to translate, for example, we choose the homepage. Click Translate Selected Content
- Go to the WPML > Translation, and select the home page to translate to your languages.
- Change the original language to other languages and click to Complete it
- Finally, you will see the switcher language of this page in the footer
- Just follow the same steps above, and you can filter your post to translate it.
- For example, we translate the content of this post and add it to the translation queue
- If your website uses WPML plugin and WooCommerce for the checkout process, you should install WooCommerce Multilingual Plugin first and set it up on your website. Download WooCommerce Multilingual Plugin
- After finishing your setup, go to the WPML > Language, and select the Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX.
- On the WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency, and select Synchronize cart content when switching languages on Carts